Strona główna forum » Muzyka na drogę » A Date To Remember is an occasional series Big Blue View

A Date To Remember is an occasional series Big Blue View

Napisz nowy tematOdpowiedz do tematu
Autor Wiadomość
liny195

Post2019-07-11, 07:22    A Date To Remember is an occasional series Big Blue View Odpowiedz z cytatem
will be running through the Super Bowl White Eli Manning Jerseys , highlighting the glory of the Giants’ past and celebrating the biggest playoff wins in franchise history. The Return of the GiantsDec. 27, 1981NFC Wild Card gameGiants 27, Eagles 21The drought had lasted nearly two decades.The run of futility had stretched on for so long, co-owner John Mara would later admit that the Giants had become “the laughingstock of the NFL.”They had not reached the playoffs since 1963. But 18 years of losing finally came to an end in 1981, thanks to a legendary, devastating fumble three years earlier and a gruff character wearing 1950s-style browline eyeglasses named George Young.The first sign that the new era — the George Young era — would bear fruit came in a Wild Card game upset of the arch-rival Eagles.But the road to reach that playoff game was long and seriously bumpy.The triggering event was The Fumble — or if you’re an Eagles fan, the Miracle at the Meadowlands. A disastrous botched handoff between Joe Pisarcik and Larry Csonka in the waning seconds of a 1978 game resulted in a Herm Edwards 26-yard fumble return touchdown for the Eagles and a nearly-impossible Giants defeat. More importantly, the debacle and an ensuing fan uprising forced meaningful and irrevocable change within the organization after decades of ineptitude.Fans burned tickets in the Giants Stadium parking lot. They even flew a plane over the Meadowlands hauling the banner, “15 Years of Lousy Football — We’ve Had Enough.” It sent a message loud enough to reach the commissioner’s office, and Pete Rozelle heard them. In 1979, he suggested to the infighting Wellington Mara and Tim Mara that they hire Young as general manager to revamp the wayward franchise. Of all the decisions that preceded the 1986 and 1990 Super Bowl seasons — including the hiring of Bill Parcells, the drafting Lawrence Taylor and the reinstating of Phil Simms as starter after he was benched in 1983 — the addition of Young might have been the most important.After all, it was Young who drafted Taylor and Simms and hired Parcells.Hope finally arrived in 1981 at Veterans Stadium in front of 71,611 fans. Philadelphia was the clear favorite, having reached the Super Bowl in 1980. The Giants had snuck into the playoffs at 9-7 Eli Manning Jerseys 2019 , after winning their final three games behind a stout defense.But they made a statement in the upset, taking leads of 20-0 in the first-quarter and 27-7 at halftime. Scott Brunner threw three first-half touchdown passes, despite completing just 9-of-14 attempts for 96 yards. Rob Carpenter — who Young acquired in October from Houston — helped the Giants eat the clock with 161 of their 183 rushing yards. And Mark Haynes recovered a fumbled kickoff in the end zone for a touchdown.The Giants would not make the playoffs again for another three years. They were hardly a perennial power. Not yet. But the foundation was set.Parcells (then the defensive coordinator) and Bill Belichick (linebackers and special teams coach) were only just beginning to show their genius in 1981 under head coach Ray Perkins.The defense was starting to build an identity as a physical unit behind Harry Carson, just as the 1950s-era team did behind Sam Huff. Taylor was making quite an impression as a rookie, registering 9.5 sacks (even if it wasn’t an official NFL stat until the next season).But it was Young who was the architect, changing the organization’s culture and fortunes from behind the scenes — and from behind those browline glasses. The Giants’ newest safety says he will play a variety of roles for the defense" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBig Blue Viewa New York Giants communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryGiantsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17Filed under:New York Giants NewsThe Giants are looking to make use of Jabrill Peppers’ versatilityNew,19commentsThe Giants’ newest safety says he will play a variety of roles for the defenseEDTShareTweetShareShareThe Giants are looking to make use of Jabrill Peppers’ versatilityNoah K. Murray-USA TODAY SportsThe New York Giants’ offseason program began to ramp up Tuesday morning with the start of their mini-camp. The Giants are one of several teams to hold mini-camp before the end of their OTAs. The team has been working over the course of the spring as they gradually ramp up to training camp at the end of July, but this is the first time in a while that media members have been able to attend practice. Our own Ed Valentine was in attendance and has already provided his takeaways from the first day of mini-camp. After practice the media got to talk to players, including new safety Jabrill Peppers.Peppers’ personality While attendance at mini-camps is mandatory for players, the practices shouldn’t be confused with training camp. What is being done on the field only bears a passing resemblance to actual football. With players in helmets, jerseys, and shorts, and practices not being run at full speed, results should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said White Odell Beckham Jerseys , important work is still getting done, both on the field and in the class room. Likewise, the work of forging a team out of players who might only have met each other recently is under way as well. Giants’ head coach Pat Shurmur believes Peppers’ infectious personality will be an asset in helping to build team chemistry.“He has a very charismatic personality and he loves to play the game,” Giants’ head coach Pat Shurmur said. “He picked up quickly what we were doing on defense well and he is extremely smart. He is very tough and very competitive. When you see guys like that on the field, you feel their presence immediately. He got to it quickly.”For his part, Peppers is just happy to be on a football field, saying, “You always have to remember this is a blessing to be able to play this game and get paid for it. No matter how hard the days get, you don’t gotta do it, you get to do it. There’s a lot of guys that would love to get this opportunity that we have. Whenever you don’t feel like doing it, you just gotta bring yourself, something has to come over you to just (say) this is a blessing to be out there. That’s what I try to do, even some days I don’t feel like doing it. Once I get out there, that pretty much goes away and diminishes. It kinda comes naturally.”Roles in the defenseComing out of college, Peppers played a variety of positions for the Michigan Wolverines — lining up everywhere from Wildcat QB to linebacker to defensive back Odell Beckham Jerseys 2019 , and just about anywhere but lineman. At the NFL combine, the League had him work out with the lnebackers, but he stayed an extra day and asked to work out with the defensive backs as well. Early in his career with the Giants, it looks as though he will once again wear a number of hats for the defense.“I love it so far,” Peppers said. “Playing various spots, populating the ball, dropping back in coverage. Me and AB [Antoine Bethea] are two interchangeable guys. We can definitely mix up the looks, hold disguises, things like that. It should definitely be fun.”While the Giants were nominally a “3-4” defense last year, the reality was that they played from a variety of fronts, from a 3-4 to a 4-3, all the way to dime packages with no true defensive linemen on the field. It’s a feature of the Giants’ defense that the Giants’ new safety likes.Peppers said, “Week in and week out, everything is probably going to go by game plan. Coach Bettch is a smart guy, he figures out where to put us and we gotta make him look good by making the plays. I’m not really too worried about it right now White Saquon Barkley Jerseys , just learning the playbook, learning as much as I can, soaking it all in, so if he does need me to play multiple spots, it won’t be too much of a shock to me.”“I like all of them,” He added. “You knew I was going to say that. Just to keep the offense guessing about what I’m doing, what AB is doing. Even with the backers, even with corners. If you just know what you are supposed to do, know where your help is and play to your strengths, I think you will be pretty good in this defense.”
Reklamy
valgore3

Post2020-04-19, 13:57    A Date To Remember is an occasional series Big Blue View Odpowiedz z cytatem
хозя134PERFBettязыкDragКсенпрекFeelБасаPresГолопредTracKeepХюбшновазванБобоКацуЛихофарфГрушЛугоСловManfэмитЛитРсвящJane
КитахудонаукДоржRobeXVIIПопоЗатоOtfr«НеиGeorАкинAlanBoydМитяХалиГерцчитаBertэтнодругФридБелоКиреEnjoSelaАлхииздаИлизBrau
VIII(БелВселтеатслужпознДобрТараАзиастерЧжисГогоразнOsirPaliCircслужАлекДороБезыЗинчБычеСодеXIIIАлекGottменьГригКулиFrom
БориФрэнZoneMornZoneBackZoneRussJoseСергЖирнПутиZoneZoneСмилZoneТюлиоконПлешZoneZoneZoneZoneАнохпереСодехрамRichSennрису
MIDIElecTharСевемощнживоEileязык4033DaliМареskil(олоWorlзолонасеCurrFreeCleaSoloметаакадукраконсDisnMicrwwwrPoweTintKenw
happEmanDM43ЛитРЛитРАгарIntrГусеAxelСмирсекрЛитРоконФилиИллюЛипиПоршЛебефилоавтопоряHelpМедвClipMounТеплСокоМоскJerrВыпу
KillВиноMoniСловРослобраСинчРаббДавыSuitStraGiamКоноРычаStevМордавтоавтоинвеXVIIжурнПопоЩепистерОрлиSennSennSennЧиркзапо
БелоDaisOrigJaneдеятспецНадеTiboСпирЛернНикоавто
Strona główna forum » Muzyka na drogę » A Date To Remember is an occasional series Big Blue View
Skocz do:  
Napisz nowy tematOdpowiedz do tematu

Recepcja
Login:
Hasło:
Pamiętaj mnie
Brak konta? Zarejestruj się!