Strona główna forum » Jednoślady » Giants training camp live updates: August 15

Giants training camp live updates: August 15

Napisz nowy tematOdpowiedz do tematu
Autor Wiadomość
liny195

Post2019-03-19, 03:34    Giants training camp live updates: August 15 Odpowiedz z cytatem
Color Rush Alec Ogletree Jersey , 2018 The New York Giants and Detroit Lions take the field in Allen Park, Mich. on Wednesday for the second of three joint practices ahead of Friday’s preseason game. Use this post to follow along with the events of the day as the Giants continue getting ready for the 2018 season.There were no extra-curricular activities Tuesday in a session Giants coach Pat Shurmur called a “very competitive practice.”Jeremy Reisman of SB Nation’s Pride of Detroit provided us with an excellent practice report on Tuesday. He will do so again today, so make sure you come back for that. We will also have our usual “Sights and sounds” post, along with any other news and analysis from practice.Use the Twitter stream below to keep up with events today.Giants training camp: Sights, sounds of first joint practice with Detroit LionsStock up, stock down: Giants who are rising and fallingDetroit Lions coach Matt Patricia won’t reminisce about shot at job with GiantsTweets from https://twitter.com/bigblueview/lists/nyg The first day of practices at the 70th edition of the Senior Bowl are in the books Youth Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey , and for New York Giants fans hoping that the organization can find their next quarterback, there were definitely some reasons to build on the cautious optimism that most entered draft season holding in their hearts. Watching the representatives of the Giants as well as their media members it was clear two quarterbacks held their attention: Will Grier from West Virginia University and Daniel Jones for Duke University.Will GrierPlaying quarterback is in large part all about your confidence level. Let’s face it. A quarterback believes that he is the only person on a team who should be trusted with taking the football and making the right decisions with the ball on any particular play. So it is not a position for the meek or timid. If you had any concerns about whether Grier could display that kind of self-confidence, they were immediately erased during his post practice scrum with the media. Grier was asked about some of the draft rankings that have him outside the top one or two quarterbacks in this class and you can tell that he was paying attention to those types of comments: “I don’t understand some of the things that have been put out there. I mean, I’m the best quarterback in this class. I think my arm talent is there and my play will speak for itself.”Then when he was asked about his - apparent - lack of arm strength, he got even more pointed: “I’m confident in my abilities ... ask my receivers, ask the guys at Florida Authentic Rhett Ellison Jersey , ask the guys I’ve played against if my arm strength was a problem. It doesn’t necessarily make me mad, I think my play speaks for itself. That’s part of why I’m here, I hope people can see my arm strength out here.” That line of questioning prompted an easy follow up, asking if he was going to throw at the combine. His curt response: “Absolutely.”Grier’s performance on the field was a bit mixed, as he missed some throws in the 11-on-11 portion that came at the end of practice that might have overshadowed what he did on the whole. But some of his earlier throws, such as comeback route to Anthony Johnson from the University of Buffalo working off play-action Authentic Kerry Wynn Jersey , and later a curl to Clemson’s Hunter Renfrow. Looking at the big picture, I thought Grier had a good day despite some of the late miscues.Daniel JonesJones is an interesting draft prospect, because working just off his film you see a quarterback most comfortable and effective when running West Coast passing concepts. On those designs his decision-making, processing speed and ball placement are at their best. He consistently makes quick and appropriate decisions on those route concepts, and his ball placement tends to put his receivers in the best position to gain yardage after the catch. So a big question for me was whether he could show during practices the ability to expand outside of that realm, or if he would remain a more scheme-specific quarterback.His performance was a bit of a mixed bag outside of the quick game concepts Authentic Alec Ogletree Jersey , but there was enough to make me more open to the possibility of him becoming a more scheme-diverse prospect. He ripped a strike on a deep out route to Ohio State wide receiver Terry McLaurin (a player catching a lot of buzz this week at the wide receiver position) and also dropped in a corner route with impressive touch during the seven-on-seven portion of practice. Jones also delivered on a deep out on a Sail concept during seven-on-seven, as well as a deep crosser on a Yankee concept play during the team portion. So while the deeper game might not have been his calling card coming into the week, he showed enough on Tuesday to make me begin to re-think that position.
Reklamy
Strona główna forum » Jednoślady » Giants training camp live updates: August 15
Skocz do:  
Napisz nowy tematOdpowiedz do tematu

Recepcja
Login:
Hasło:
Pamiętaj mnie
Brak konta? Zarejestruj się!