Strona główna forum » Muzyka na drogę » When the Giants took Saquon Barkley with the second pick in

When the Giants took Saquon Barkley with the second pick in

Napisz nowy tematOdpowiedz do tematu
Autor Wiadomość
liny195

Post2019-11-20, 02:38    When the Giants took Saquon Barkley with the second pick in Odpowiedz z cytatem
year’s draft White Alec Ogletree Jerseys , the idea was to build an offense that looked like the one they deployed against the Buccaneers on Sunday afternoon.Barkley ran for 142 yards and scored three touchdowns while Eli Manning completed 17-of-18 passes for 231 yards in a 38-35 victory over the Buccaneers. It’s the second straight win for the 3-7 Giants and their first home win of the year.It was the fourth straight loss for the 3-7 Buccaneers and they made their third quarterback change of the season on the way to the loss. Jameis Winston replaced Ryan Fitzpatrick with the team down 24-7 in the third quarter. Fitzpatrick had thrown three interceptions before the yank and Giants linebacker Alec Ogletree returned one of them for a touchdown.Winston rallied them for four touchdowns, but the defense couldn’t keep the Giants from scoring two more touchdowns of their own and he was intercepted by Janoris Jenkins on a desperation heave from his own 20-yard-line to end any hope of a dramatic comeback.Winston was 12-of-15 for 199 yards and two touchdowns before that pick, but the issue with Tampa’s quarterbacks has been consistency rather than flashes of brilliant play. One would assume Winston will get a chance to show he can pull that off against the 49ers next weekend, but Dirk Koetter will have to let us know.Defensively, there wasn’t as much to like for the Bucs. Jason Pierre-Paul got a couple of sacks of his former teammate Manning, but the above numbers tell how easily the Giants were able to move the ball over the course of the afternoon. That’s rarely been the case for the Giants this season, but the last two weeks have them moving in the right direction.If they can keep it up against the Eagles next week, Odell Beckham may have some company when it comes to feeling that running the table isn’t that crazy an idea. Dave Gettleman Alec Ogletree Jerseys 2019 , Pat Shurmur give their reasoning" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBig Blue Viewa New York Giants communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryGiantsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17Filed under:New York Giants News2019 NFL DraftWhy the Giants selected Dexter Lawrence, Deandre BakerNew,130commentsDave Gettleman, Pat Shurmur give their reasoningEDTShareTweetShareShareWhy the Giants selected Dexter Lawrence, Deandre BakerChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsEntering the 2019 NFL Draft the New York Giants knew that they had to add talent to their defense. GM Dave Gettleman said a number of times the team didn’t have enough defensive play makers last season, and would have won more games during a 5-11 season if it could have made some late-game stops.After trading away Olivier Vernon, and losing Landon Collins White Jonathan Stewart Jerseys , Kerry Wynn, Josh Mauro, Mario Edwards and Connor Barwin, you knew the Giants would emphasize defense in the draft.Thus, Gettleman used the 17th overall pick on monstrous defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence and engineered a trade up to select cornerback Deandre Baker with the 30th pick. Both should be instant starters.Here is what Gettleman and coach Pat Shurmur said about the two defensive players.Dexter LawrenceGettleman: “We got me a hog mollie! Dexter Lawrence, he might have been the biggest player in the draft, I don’t know. He’s a quality run player and he’s more than just a two-down run player. This kid can push the pocket and he can have an impact on the pass rush. That’s why we took him at 17 and we are thrilled ... He’s versatile, he’s got hips Jonathan Stewart Jerseys 2019 , he can flip to rush the passer and we are thrilled to have him.”Shurmur: “Dexter, I was with (Vikings DT) Linval Joseph, who all of you know, in Minnesota and he sort of reminded me of him. He’s sneaky with the pass rush, but he’s really good on first, second down and the run game stuff. Tremendous human being and he’s a big guy and I think you win with big people.”Gettleman on Lawrence’s lack of pass rush productivity in college ...“Here’s what I want you to understand. This is where numbers don’t tell all the story. Defensive tackles can affect the pass rush if they get consistent inside push. How many times have you guys watched a game, and the ends come screaming off the corner, and the quarterback steps up White Nate Solder Jerseys , and there’s nobody there. You get inside pass rush, those ends come screaming off the corner, they’re going to affect it, and if the guy is getting push, the quarterback is going to step up and Dexter will give him a kiss.”On not getting an edge rusher with any of the first three picks ...“Rome wasn’t built in a day. Oh and by the way, (LB) Lorenzo Carter had 5.5 sacks last year.”Deandre BakerGettleman: “The last guy we traded up for we feel is the best cover corner in the draft, the kid from Georgia, Deandre Baker. We feel like we got three guys that are going to impact this franchise for a long time.”Shurmur: “Dave did it Nate Solder Jerseys 2019 , he got Deandre Baker. He’s a cover corner. The thing that impressed me most on tape was how stinking competitive he is. He’s very confident and he’s very competitive and I think when he’s faced with a challenge of a good wide out, he’s going to accept the challenge.”
Reklamy
Strona główna forum » Muzyka na drogę » When the Giants took Saquon Barkley with the second pick in
Skocz do:  
Napisz nowy tematOdpowiedz do tematu

Recepcja
Login:
Hasło:
Pamiętaj mnie
Brak konta? Zarejestruj się!